Wednesday 25 January 2012

Classroom ICT tools


I wanted to compile a list of some great web tools to use in the classroom. The ones that I have either used, or have heard and seen are the following:

Prezi is a great site that allows you to make presentations. The idea is the same as powerpoint, but the presentations that you can make are more interesting and visually dynamic.

Glogster is a site that allows you to create online multimedia “posters”. You can add text, pictures, videos, links and more

Wallwisher is like a big pinboard and you can add “sticky notes” to it. I have seen examples where over the school holidays students go on and stick notes up about what they have been doing on their holidays.

I am sure most people have heard of wordle, it is a site where you can create word clouds.

Tagxedo is another version of wordle, however you can create shapes with your clouds.

Xtranormal allows you to create an animated movie. You can choose two characters, type in what you would like them to say and add movements.

Zui is like youtube for kids. It has online games, videos and websites.

Photopeach is a program where you can create a slideshow and add different things such as text, music etc.

Voicethread allows you to create recordings, where you can add your voice to pictures and videos.

Memorize allows you to create online “tests”, where you can fill in 2 columns and students can match them up.

Blabberize is a fun site where you can add a picture of a person or animal, add your voice and the mouth in the picture moves along with it.

Bubblus is a tool where you can create concept maps.



As I use them in the classroom, I will add some examples to share ideas of how to use them. 

If you have used any of these please comment on how you have used them or what ideas you have for use in the classroom. 

If you have any other great ICT tools, please also comment with them and I can add them to the list. 


9 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and followed! Can't wait to check out these sites! Love your post on magnetic letters and numbers, too. I LOVE my magnetic letters! We use them every single day! I'm new to blogging, also. Come see me if you get a chance!

    Peace, Love and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura,
      Let me know if you use any of the sites listed and how you used them! Thanks for being my new follower, I have come to visit your site and am now following you!

      Michelle

      Delete
  2. Hi! I'm your newest follower. I'm pretty new to the blog world too. Welcome and thanks for sharing...

    Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy,
      Great to have you as a follower!!!

      Michelle

      Delete
  3. Great resources Michelle! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shell! Another good site is quizlet.. Another online word matching one. You can put pics and sounds in there too (awesome for LOTE) but I use it for psych & PE. Not sure if it's a bit 'secondary school' for you, but have a look!! Great job on your classroom too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Taryn,
      How fun that you are posting on my blog! Thanks for the visit!
      I will check out that website, sounds great :-)
      See you soon :-)
      xox

      Delete
  5. Hello! I am in my senior year now, and will be student teaching soon. I have not heard of these tools, but am looking into it. I am so excited. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete